Saturday, October 29, 2011

Acceptance

Every year, I work really hard to cultivate a classroom environment centered around respect and acceptance. Yesterday, I realized that what I was doing was working.

Yesterday was 80's day at my school. After our Morning Meeting, I decided to play "Vogue" for fun. The next thing I noticed was that my kids arranged themselves in a circle to have a dance-off. I had no part in this, besides video taping my students.  What I observed during this was wonderful. They cheered each other on, helped organize the circle, laughed, and just had a lot of fun.

I think adults could really learn a lot from these kids.They demonstrated what it looks like to accept others, regardless of the differences present. In fact, diversity is embraced and acknowledged in my class, by my kids.

Take a few minutes and watch this heart-warming video!

No comments:

Post a Comment