Sunday, October 18, 2009

Introduction and RIBIT

Hello! This is my first time using a blog for my own purposes. Usually I have my students blog but I have not yet tried it myself!

I plan to post helpful instructional tools and methods for educators here.

Here is a site that I have used a couple of times with my students: RIBIT

RIBIT is an inquiry-based website that fosters constructivism in the classroom. The students are given an open-ended, higher-level question and resources to help find an answer. So far, I have only used this in Science, but I'm sure I will soon use this in Social Studies.

6 comments:

  1. Kate, I really like the set-up of your blog.
    It shows me the possibilities for an engaging blog and a model for what I can do to spruce up my blog.
    I am finding it difficult to navigate in edublogs, but I think it is just that I have to "play" around some more.

    So, what are your ideas to promote your colleagues to blog with you...

    Always interested in your wealth of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post ;)

    I'm thinking that if more teachers put their heads together, more can be accomplished. So, if I post new and interesting educational tools/lessons, then others can try them out and vice versa. Blogging will allow us to collaborate at any time during the day, which is especially good because time is always an issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a great idea for your own blog. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I tried signing up for ribit so I'll see what it has for my classes. Also recheck your week two forum that I replied to you. I originally messed-up and put my reply somewhere else. I wrote there about the social studies activity my daughter did. Your blog looks great. Go Phillies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last comment is not from anonymous. Its from John Polefka. Still learning the ins and outs of the different ways to log in and post. John

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, my husband is a Social Studies teacher. He has a lesson on RIBIT where the students need to finish the song "We Didn't Start the Fire" with currect issues. If you want, do a search for it!

    ReplyDelete