Sunday, March 21, 2010

Instead of YouTube...

We all know that I love YouTube. However, because it is not really filtered, I do not encourage my 3rd graders to use YouTube as a resource, without my supervision. Rather, I use it whole group, where I have control of what is being viewed.  Because of this, I am always on the look out for other resources containing kid-friendly educational videos that align with the curriculum.

Here are some of my findings:

Kideos is a database that is more appropriate for primary-aged students. Some videos are just for fun like this one, and others are educational like these. Another awesome database that contains resources is NeoK12. I have used this site many times in my class. Finally, here is a new site that I have been introduced to recently. It's called ZuiTube and it's basically a kids version of YouTube.

Happy watching!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete