Sunday, March 7, 2010

To be a teacher...

...you must lose your inhibitions. You are probably wondering what I mean. Well, last week at my school, we celebrated Character Day. Character Day honors literary characters from all different genres. Students and staff come to school dressed as, for example, Cinderella, Cam Jansen, and the Cat in the Hat. After much thought, I decided that I was going to dress as Geronimo Stilton, a savvy mouse. Geronimo is very popular with the 3rd graders so I thought it would be perfect. I came to school in a shirt and tie, mouse ears and a tail. Ok, no big deal, right? I felt pretty good. Well, little did I know that I was going to be interviewed by the communications "guru" to be put on WTV for ALL of the district and surrounding districts to view.

I love teaching because in no other profession would it be socially acceptable to be interviewed dressed as a mouse. But here I am, on the television completely decked out in "mouse gear." Another reason to add to my list of why I love being a teacher!

Anyway, here is my resource for the week! It's called Herd a Word. I always explore the online resources before showing them to my students, and this one sucked me in. I couldn't stop playing it. Visit the site...if you like Scrabble and Boggle, you will love this.

Happy almost spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment