Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fling the Teacher!

If someone would ask me the most important job of a teacher, I would likely respond "to build students' self confidence and foster mutual respect between the teacher and students." So, why would I title my blog post "Fling the Teacher?"

Well...apparently, games with these types of titles can be quite engaging and funny for 3rd graders. I mean, who wouldn't want to explore a game that had "Fling the Teacher" as its title? It certainly caught my eye! Students can "design" their teacher and then, when given multiple choice questions (dealing with various forms of figurative language), if they get 15 correct, they get to "fling the teacher." Seems silly, right? Just try it. I bet your kids will love it. They will love to fling the teacher. And when your students start talking about the examples they came across while playing, you will know that flinging the teacher was well worth it!

On a different note... the snow day, yesterday, allowed me to sit with my computer and do something I enjoy; web surf. I admit, it really is fun for me. Look at what I came across here. Although some links might be inactive, there are plenty that are not. This site is called Mr. Young's Bouncy "A". Check out my delicious account to view specific activities from this site that I found useful.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment