Saturday, February 6, 2010

Music and Multiplication

It's not too much fun memorizing multiplication facts! Flash cards work for some, but not all. So, I was on a search for fun ways for my students to learn their multiplication facts! I came across this video on square numbers. What a great find! I have used this video as an activator to several math lessons. The kids come to the carpet with a whiteboard and marker. The first two times I showed this video, I asked them to write down words or phrases that helped them understand the meaning of a square number. The following two times, they wrote down square number equations that they saw on the video.

Music WORKS! I hear my kids singing the song throughout the day, which means they are learning their facts. Here is a picture of my students in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment