Wednesday, February 10, 2010

While I'm on the subject of Math...

Usually I do not blog in the middle of the week, but due to the copius amounts of snow that is plummeting outside, I decided to take some time to catch up on work and write a blog post.

This Friday, I will be presenting at WSD's best practices inservice on integrating web resources into lessons to make them more engaging. In the session, the participants will also be creating a Delicious Account in order to book mark great sites that they come across. Having a Delicious account has really allowed me to search for sites when I have the time, and gather the sites easily, when I need them.

Anyway, here is one site I came across a bit ago and was a huge hit in my class. It's called 3DStarmattica and the students "travel" to various places around the world to find hidden polyhedrons. My kids love this because not only are they learning polyhedrons' features, they are learning geography. Cross-curricular learning is powerful because it allows the students to make connections.

Happy Snow Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment