Sunday, April 4, 2010

Back to the daily grind...

Well, spring break is over and boy did it fly by! I traveled to California to visit my sister/husband and friend and had a perfect vacation! Luckily, we brought the beautiful weather back to PA.

This week (actually, the next two weeks) we will be administering the PSSA's; always a nerve-racking time of year. However, I am confident that my kids are ready, so enough talk about that.

This week, I am starting the Earth Materials Science Unit. I really love teaching science. Partly because my kids are naturally interested in it, but also because it opens the door to hands-on activitites, simulations and explorations. This week my kids will have to simulate the different rock groups (sedimentary, igneous, metamorphic). I plan to give them a few web resources/videos and books and have then decide how they want to simulate how each rock forms. Constructivism at its best...hopefully it doesn't fail. :-) Here is a video to introduce the topic. I haven't used this one yet, but hopefully my kids will like it!

Happy Spring everyone! The weather is much deserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment