Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fossils are Fun!

Last week was my school's science week. We had assemblies everyday and on Friday we had science experiment rotations. My grade level partner and I made silly putty with all of the kids. Wow! The good news was that we mastered this process by the end...which was a good thing because the first rotation was...fun...?!?! :-)

Anyway, my brain is still on science! Here are some resources I have come across recently. First, here is a demonstration on fossil formation. I like this because it uses images, words, and audio. This is especially good for independent/group work.

Here is a cute video/song about paleontologists/fossils. This could definitely be another favorite in my class.

Finally, here is Ricky the Rapping Rock. This is great fluency practice too!

On an unrelated note...when participating in a video-taped egg-drop experiment in front of the entire student body, make sure you remember to put the egg in the contraption before it is dropped.

With that---I'm out. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment