Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Gotta Keep Reading..."

I came across this video on another blog that I follow and thought it was excellent for a couple of reasons. First, it used a popular song (which is, in fact, on my Ipod and helps me work out!) and the lyrics were changed to deal with reading. Second, I can imagine the planning that went into this. The students and faculty had to work together to make this possible. Everyone looked like they were having fun.

It is always a challenge to motivate reluctant readers. I truly believe that involving them in the creation and production of songs/videos could really motivate them. In fact, based on the enthusiasm I have seen in my kids when learning word study songs, I can almost guarantee that the same engagement and enthusiasm will be replicated if we were to learn or create songs about reading! Hmmm...more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment